- on this Website,
- in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website,
- through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website, or
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as first and last name, mailing address, email address, billing information, IP, or “Internet Protocol”, addresses, demographics, passwords or other online contact information, telephone number, any other information the Website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law and or other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, usage details (such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our Website), your browser type and language, access times, and the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us.
- directly from you when you provide it to us,
- automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies, or
- from third parties, for example, other websites controlled by us or our affiliates, our business partners and other third-parties.
Information You Provide To Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us. If you use our Website to send others information that may interest them or messages through our system, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient. Similarly, if you use our Website to upload, share or distribute content (including videos, comments or other submissions), and such content contains personal information about others, such information may be stored in order to allow for such uploading, sharing and/or distribution.
- When you access our Website from a mobile device or tablet, we may receive information about your location and your device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most devices allow you to turn off location services.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including any form of aggregate data, navigational data, tracking data, location data, click-stream data, or historical data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, and the referring website address. An IP, or “Internet Protocol”, address is a unique number associated with your computer that may be communicated to other computers and servers when you use the Internet.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. The information collected may include the domain name of your internet service provider (e.g., whether you logged on from aol.com or whitehouse.gov), referral data (e.g., the address of the last URL you visited prior to clicking through to the Website) and browser and platform type (e.g., a Firefox browser on a Macintosh platform). We use this information to track how users are accessing and using the Website.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
Cookies (or browser cookies). Cookies are small text files that are stored in your web
browser or downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the
originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies
are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device. Cookies might be used for the
following purposes: (1) to enable certain functions; (2) to provide analytics; (3) to store your
preferences; and (4) to enable ad delivery and behavioral advertising.
We currently use the following types of cookies:
- Cookies that are strictly necessary: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. These include, for example, cookies that enable a user to log into the members area of our Website and to check if a user is allowed access to a particular service or Content.
- Analytical cookies: These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of users and to see how users use and explore our Website. These cookies help us to improve our Website, for example by ensuring that all users are able to find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: We are always glad to see you back. Therefore, this type of cookies allows us to recognize you when you return to our Website in order to greet you by name and to remember, for example, your choice of language, etc.
- Targeting cookies: These cookies record the visit of a user on our Website, the pages a user has visited and the links a user has followed in order to enable us to make our Website more relevant to the users’ interests. Also, these cookies are used to identify the websites and the marketing materials you are accessing our Website from in order to target content (for example, to automatically show you our Website according to your language settings).
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information”.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, single-pixel gifs and web bugs) that are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in email) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages or opened an e-mail, to understand usage patterns and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website.
Analytics Tools. We use analytics tools and other third party technologies, such as
Google Analytics and DoubleClick Cookies, to collect non-personal information in the form of various
usage and user metrics when you use our Website. These tools and technologies collect and analyze
certain types of information, including cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers,
referring and exit URLs, onsite behavior and usage information, feature use metrics and statistics,
usage and purchase history, media access control address (MAC Address), mobile unique device ID, and
other similar information. The third party analytics companies who collect information on our Website
and other online products or services may combine the information collected with other information they
have independently collected from other websites or other online or mobile products and services
relating to your activities across their network of websites as well as online or mobile products and
services. Many of these companies collect and use information under their own privacy policies. In
addition to our use of technologies as described herein, we may permit certain third party companies to
help us tailor advertising that we think may be of interest to you based on your use of our Website and
to otherwise collect and use data about your use of our Website. For more information about this
practice, please see the “Third Party Advertising Technologies” section below. You may opt out of the
DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page or you may opt
out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
This Website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google
Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how
users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including
your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. In case of
activation of the IP anonymization, Google will truncate/anonymize the last octet of the IP address for
Germany. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to and shortened by Google servers in
the USA. On behalf of the website provider Google will use this information for the purpose of
evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and
providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website provider. Google
by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser. However, please note that if you do this, you may
not be able to use the full functionality of this website. Furthermore you can prevent Google’s
collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in
available under https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
You can refuse the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be
set on the computer, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website:
Disable Google Analytics
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html or at https://www.google.de/intl/en_uk/policies/. Please note that on this website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by “gat._anonymizeIp();” to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information”.
How We Use Your Information
In general, we use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To manage your account and provide you with customer support.
- To provide you with notices about your account or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others.
- To determine whether users of the Website are unique, or whether the same user is using the Website on multiple occasions.
- To track usage throughout various components of the Website (e.g., tracking where traffic comes from, how traffic flows within the Website, etc.).
- To monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, etc.
- To communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our affiliates or other third parties;
- To develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Website and other sites.
- To verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes.
- To enforce our terms and conditions.
- To manage our business.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our Website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- If we have a good-faith belief that doing so is required by a subpoena, warrant, or other judicial or administrative order or otherwise required by law (including to respond to any government or regulatory request). To enforce or apply our terms and conditions found at Terms and Conditions and other agreements.
- If we, in good faith, deem it appropriate or necessary to prevent violation of, or enforce or apply our terms and conditions found at Terms and Conditions or our other agreements; take precautions against liability; protect our rights, property, or safety, or those of a partner, any individual or the general public; maintain and protect the security and integrity of our Website or infrastructure; protect ourselves and our Website from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; investigate and defend ourselves against third party claims or allegations; or assist government regulatory agencies.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us.
- You can choose not to provide us with certain personal information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Website because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our Website.
- You may opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page or you may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
- You may prevent Google’s collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB .
- You may opt out of the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set on the computer, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website: Disable Google Analytics
- When you register on our Website you may be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email messages and/or newsletters about product updates, improvements, special offers, or containing special distributions of content by us. At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails or newsletters from us by clicking on the following link and entering the email address associated with your account: LOGIN HERE. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 7 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that, changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change you preferences directly with that third party.
- If you submit personal information, you may delete your account with us at any time. If you delete your account, your personal information and any and all other account related information including, but not limited to, user profile data, sharing data and any other data, or content specifically associated with your account are also permanently deleted. Deletion of your data may take up to 30 days from accessible systems and up to 90 days from backup systems. If you choose to have an account with us in the future, you will have to sign up for a new account as none of the information you previously provided or saved within your account will have been saved.
- You can disable the location services on your mobile device or tablet. Most likely, these controls are located in the device's settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website. We want you to feel confident using our Website. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an e-mail at:
For billing issues: email@example.com For support/technical issues: firstname.lastname@example.org For marketing issues: email@example.com
Third Party Login Functionality
International Users & U.S.-EU Switzerland Safe Harbor
Our Policy towards Children
Our Website is not directed to children. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
No Error Free Performance